PsyPhyCare, a division of Business Staffing of America, Inc., is seeking to fill a position and contract part-time with a Registered Nurse for a Federally supported client in Astoria, OR 97103
Medical Services are required on a weekly basis to assist students (populations range from 100 to over 300) in attaining and maintaining optimal health with the services being provided at the Center. These services will involve the monitoring of the Health and Wellness program to ensure that students acquire the health-related skills, knowledge, and attitudes that help make them employable.
Our client provides care at a Wellness Center servicing at risk youth on a residential campus to prepare them for meaningful employment. Students ages range from 16 thru 24 years at our location in Astoria, OR 97103
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
40 hours per week or 5 days out of the normal work week.
Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Provides nursing services within scope of practice for state-specific nurse practice act.
- Triage of emergency or urgent situations; administer emergency or first aid care; triage students
who report to clinic during walk-in hours to determine the appropriate level of care necessary for the health and safety of the students.
- Assist in monitoring students with chronic conditions to ensure medication and treatment protocols are in compliance.
- Assessment and treatment of illness utilizing protocols or referral to physician or nurse practitioner as appropriate.
- Assist physician or nurse practitioner with examinations and scheduling.
- Track labs/testing to ensure continuity of care and for billing purposes.
- Track immunizations for compliance with federal and state law, and Job Corps requirements.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student medical records in accordance with PRH and Job Corps Wellness Guidelines.
- Follow-up on minor and major illnesses by phone interview and/or appointment with physician or nurse practitioner.
- Schedule and track follow-up appointments and referrals off center.
- Issue prescription medications as ordered by a licensed physician or nurse practitioner.
- Educate students about their illness or injuries to facilitate a positive recovery.
- Relate health and wellness to students by one-on-one teaching, presenting to classes, and by setting a positive example.
- Maintain prescription inventory, follow-up with supply orders and screen for expiration dates.
- Maintain a supply of common non-prescription medications and issue to instructors, residential and recreation staff for student use, as needed, in first aid and medical kits maintained in areas outside of the Health & Wellness Department.
- Provide in-service instruction to staff on a wide variety of health and wellness topics.
- Maintain a working relationship with community partners.
- Serve on committees as appointed.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on Center that is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote student attainment of career success standards through modeling appropriate skills,
mentoring students, monitoring skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behavior is observed.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- Must have an active, unrestricted license to practice in Oregon
- Minimum of an AA in Nursing
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license, with an acceptable driving record