PsyPhyCare, a division of Business Staffing of America, Inc., is seeking to contract a Dentist for a Federally supported client in Vergennes, VT. Zip Code 05491
Our client provides care at a Wellness Center servicing at risk youth on a residential campus to prepare them for meaningful employment. Students ages range from 16 thru 24 years.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
8 hours per week or 1 day out of the normal work week. The Facility is open Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. with the weekends off.
*Dental services will not be scheduled on federal Government holidays and are not required during the period of Center-wide student leave (approximately two weeks, twice yearly).
Dental readiness inspection within 14 days after entry by the Center Dentist to identify urgent care need for oral conditions that if not treated are expected to result in dental emergencies in the near future.
SPECIFIC PROCEDURES INCLUDE
· Extraction of pathological teeth
· Root canal therapy on anterior and other strategic teeth
· Replacement of missing upper anterior teeth with a removable prosthesis
Referral to off-center facilities as necessary for emergent or urgent conditions treatable beyond the expertise of general dentist
Oral disease prevention education and management, to include:
· Oral strategies, such as oral hygiene instruction, risk assessments, and group education.
· Oral health promotion activities with an emphasis on overall wellness and employability.
· Providing a written diagnosis and treatment plan as part of an oral health and wellness plan for each student and obtaining agreement for voluntary care before proceeding with treatment.
· Providing oral health education.
· Providing or arranging for 24-hour emergency coverage.
· Participating in the coordination and integration of the oral health program with the wellness components, Center activities, and Center community activities.
· Providing support to the students in acquiring and practicing the oral health-related skills, knowledge, and attitudes that will make them employable.
· Developing and complying with infection control policies and procedures.
· Reviewing and signing Health Care Guidelines annually for dental care in accordance with PRH requirements.
· Advising/consulting as requested with the Center Director and Center staff on oral health and dental programmatic issues.
· Ensuring that regular preventive maintenance is provided to the dental equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL:
· licensed with the state
· malpractice/professional liability insurance and general liability insurance
· current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number